So, that’s another year over then. That was my 10th year of teaching! A lot of what happened was less than optimal but I still had a blast. We went through a lot, my classes and I, and we came out on top.
Next year is going to be so much better. I have a purpose built lab, I have enough textbooks, we have laptops, our management is a lot more stable. Here are my resolutions for next year. I will:-
- set homework that doesn’t need me to be there. As in, no more projects, no more worksheets, only reading or watching instructional videos.
- teach about growth mindset early on. Too many students think they are either good or bad at subjects and this is decided before they were born.
- have shorter units, so I can give as many opportunities to shine as possible
- use more mind maps to display keywords and how concepts are connected
- have success criteria for every task I set